4 thoughts on “2014-08-15 10.54.12

  1. Hi Do you know where I can get replacement parts for a 311ms? I found one and I want to restore it to its former glory. Any help would be greatly appreciated!Thanks-Dewey

    • Hi Dewey, thanks for coming to my site. If you want actual Yamaha parts you can get them direct from Yamaha. I got some nuts, for example, from Yamaha UK. You seem to be in Hawaii so I imagine you can get genuine parts from Yamaha USA. But, apart from the necks, you can use any parts that fit Fenders. So any bridge designed to fit a modern Fender Telecaster (not vintage ones) will fit, pickups are standard Tele specifications etc. Scratchplates are a bit trickier. You can get them in the UK for the basic Pac 102 with the tele neck pickup but haven’t yet seen one with the humbucker cutout. They’re really easy to make yourself though. I made the black Esquire type one you can see on the natural 102 here. Which parts are you looking for, in particular?

      • I just sent a direct email to you, Simon, when seeing this…incredibly informative…i hope that modern Telecaster bridge with HB mount fits the 120sj…
        As for the pickguard, since i have no Pacifica to use as a template, coudl you maybe share some Scan or whatever coudl be used as a Template in Objective and Real ratio, so i could order it to be cut out for me…? When i think about it, i actually need liek teh one from the 120H…those are beautiful guitars as well…!

        • Hi Peter, so sorry for the slow reply, WordPress hasn’t been sending me the notifications as it should. Are you talking about a Pacifica 120 or a 102. The pale blue one of mine (which is now metallic red!) is a 102 with the telecaster style pickups. The 120 has two Humbuckers, like my yellow one. The numbers in the name tell you what pickups it has, first number is the quality of the build, second is the number of hum buckers, third is the single coils. So the 102 has 0 hum buckers and 2 single coils, the 120 has two hum buckers and no single coils! The 120 doesn’t have a scratch plate so are you asking about a 102? Let me know and I’ll try and help, cheers and thanks for coming to the site.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *